The top priority for you starts with the first trimester of pregnancy: MAMA SELFCARE FIRST.
Mama Selfcare includes the first lesson:
- Take care of yourself, you take care of your baby. Your baby is more important than offended friends who now have to party without you.
- You protect your boundaries, you take care of yourself, you listen to your body. If your body says we need rest, you lie down. If your body says I need green vegetables right now, namely 1st, broccoli, 2nd, edamame and 3rd seaweed salad, you send your partner and he/she should get EXACTLY THAT for you. You both don't know why, it doesn't matter. Don't question. Make.
- If your body tells you, it's better to buy the organic body lotion and not the usual cream with questionable ingredients, do it. At least now.
- Your body suddenly hates certain smells, including your favorite perfume, bubble bath, deodorant? Find out what scents he likes now.
- Your intuition advises you: Google “saffron and risk of miscarriage” again before you devour this delicious portion of tagliatelle with salmon and extra saffron sauce at the Italian restaurant – oh, I see! Well then, no saffron either. Or the fancy non-alcoholic hipster drink with basil seeds for extra crunch? These are all things that aren't as reliably on the no-go list for pregnant women as salami and sushi.
So self-care also and above all means: Listen to your intuition and follow it. Then you are on the right track - and nothing can stop you.
And: enjoy this time, despite all the hormones and nausea. Enjoy the time when hardly anyone knows your secret. That time when you wrap yourself in a cocoon to recalibrate and redefine yourself.
When the time is right, you emerge from your cocoon as a radiant, pregnant butterfly. But first comes the metamorphosis – in the first trimester.